PROTECTING ANIMALS AND THEIR HABITATS
Research is a vital part of our role in helping to preserve our fragile and unique marine habitats and the animals which inhabit them.
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast currently works collaboratively with a number of organisations:
- Grey Nurse Shark pattern recognition research: Carley Bansemer;
- Looking at ways to identify Grey Nurse without using any invasive techniques.
Sunshine Coast University
- Nudibranch Research: Takeshi Furuhashi;
- Larval development in Dermatobrancus.
- Epaulette Shark breeding and blood work;
- Identifying novel genetic cardio-protective pathways in the Epaulette shark.
- Associated GNS breeding Research: Johnathin Daly, Melbourne Aquarium.