05 May 2014 12:13:51
World Oceans Day
Join in the fun on the 8th of June and learn how we can all work together to help protect our oceans.
A mermaid is visiting SEA LIFE Mooloolaba for World Ocean Day to remind us all to protect our oceans! Don’t miss catching a glimpse of her in the Ocean Tunnel Tour at 10.30am and 2.05pm.
Also, come to Seal Island to participate in a research based training session! Our trainers and seals are working with universities around Australia on research studies that will help educate us and protect wild populations of seals. The trainers will be talking about the research and answering questions from midday.
- 10.30am: Mermaid in the Ocean Tunnel
- 12.00pm: Seal Science
- 2.05pm: Mermaid in the Ocean Tunnel
Other activities on the day include:
- Conservation Cove is full of exciting FREE activities for kids to learn about protecting the Oceans! Head up the escalator in Jellyfish Kingdom and come and check out the World Ocean Day colouring in, word puzzles and more!
- Make a Promise for the Ocean at SEA LIFE today!
- Have a ‘Sealfie’ with our seal mascot!
- Pick up your free AMCS Sustainable Seafood Pocket Guide
Join ReefCheck Australia for a ‘ReefSearch Experience’ and learn how you can help protect our reefs!